Last edition, we introduced the new Estimating features in SAPPHIRE™. In this edition, we take these formulas to the next level, placing them into Annotations which can then be saved as Collections. Collections allow for easy re-use of annotations as well as sharing with other users; collections can be saved and stored to a central location on your network.
Let’s take a look at the steps to add a formula or estimate to an annotation and save as a Collection.
Adding a formula or estimate to an Annotation:
1. Create an Annotation; inside the dialog there is a button to Insert Attribute as shown below.
2. Within the Attribute Dialog, a drop down the list of Object Categories (from fromula Builder) appears within the Expression Category. In this example, Roof Plane is selected.
3. Within the Expression Scope are the levels/job listings; by selecting a level or a job, you are actually creating the Selection Set for your formula, similar to how selection sets are generated in the Estimating dialog:
4. Next, drop down the list of formulas in the Expression Formula section; these are the formulas associated to the Expression Category (Object Category) found in the Formula Builder. Roof Area is selected as the formula to be used.
5. Further text additions and/or edits in the Annotation can be made. The Annotation tool allows the user to set items such as font type, size and color as well as position control. Select OK when complete.
6. The Annotation is then placed with the formula and units calculated.
Now that we have an annotation, let’s take a look at the easy steps to save that collection for use in future jobs.
Saving as a Collection:
1. From the Text and Annotation Tool Bar, select Create Collection as shown below.
2. Select the Annotation and then a reference point (this is the point of reference for future placements of the collection/annotation).
3. Save the Collection. Collections have a .OFS extension and can be stored in any folder.