Section View - Input Overview
Overview of input a Section Cut in Plan View:
1. Select the Input Section Cut command from the Text and Annotation toolbar or the Text and Annotation drop down menu.
2. Define the Section Cut’s naming, labeling and symbol properties as desired.
- Name- Enter name of cut. This will appear in the Job Tree and Visibility Switches.
- Input Method- Point or Quick Line Selection. Use Point Selection to define a multi-segmented cut line in the model to display multiple areas of the model with the same cut. Use Quick Line Selection to define the section cut location in the model based on an existing line (shift click to define an offset from the desired line).
- Section Cut Depth- Enter a depth value for the cut to extend to. A value of zero (0) turns off depth boundary.
- View Type- Select Hidden-Line, Solid (3D) or Wire-Frame.
- Start Symbol- Select a symbol type to generate at the Start of the section cut line.
- End Symbol - Select a symbol type to generate at the End of the section cut line.
- Label - Specify Label to be displayed in the section cut symbol.
- Sheet Reference- Specify the sheet reference to be displayed in the section cut symbol.
- Font - Enter symbol text size and font type.