MiTek Canada, Inc. is currently seeking a Design Technician, for location in Alberta or British Columbia, that will be responsible for the review and preparation of structural drawings for engineering review and approval. The successful candidate will be working closely with clients and internal staff to ensure structural adequacy of engineered truss drawings. Additionally you will assist in the support and service of client software solutions.
Responsibilities to include but not limited to:
- Review truss drawing for structural adequacy
- Assist clients in preparation of truss drawings
- Provide truss software support at client level
- Assist with installation of software at client locations
- Assist in training of clients in the use of truss design software
- Basic knowledge of construction and framing practices
- Experience in truss design
- Diploma or Degree in Structural Engineering
- Knowledge of the NBC and ABC
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Basic knowledge of CAD based programs
- A positive, friendly manner and approach that will enable the successful candidate to deal with challenging situations with empathy and sincerity
- Ability to travel within Canada and the US
- Wood truss design with emphasis on “Robbins” software
- Other engineered building component layout or design
MiTek Canada provides a competitive company benefits plan.
Interested candidates can forward their applications and cover letter to the attention of: email@example.com
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest in applying for this position; however only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.