MiTek Covid-19 Response
To the MiTek community,
We hope you are staying well in these unprecedented times. At MiTek, we continue to navigate the ongoing global information about the COVID-19 pandemic and remain focused on safety above all else. Our responsibility to keep our team members, our families, our customers, and our broader community safe is priority one.
Our cross-functional response team is meeting nearly every day to monitor the situation and implement appropriate policies and guidelines in response to guidance from federal and local governments, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO). We have been implementing measures to ensure the safety of our team members while continuing to manufacture our products and deliver for our customers where our services are deemed essential.
Although this is not an exhaustive list, here are some of the precautions we’re taking across our organization:
- – Enabling remote working wherever and whenever possible for our desk-based team members
- – Implementing alternative staffing structures and enhanced cleaning measures to ensure the safety of our distribution and manufacturing team members, as well as cooperating with all federal and local guidance regarding closure of essential businesses and services
- – Increasing the frequency and thoroughness of cleaning and disinfection procedures at our facilities to comply with CDC recommendations, as well as implementing protocols that ensure our team members maintain the recommended 6-foot distance from one another
- – Offering up to 10 days of extended sick pay to cover absences of team members who may become directly impacted by COVID-19
- – Restricting all international business travel and restricting all visitors to all MiTek facilities globally until further notice
This pandemic will redefine the way we do business, and we are committed to working with our team members, customers, and community partners to figure out how best to work together in this new reality. We are seeing amazing examples of this daily as our global teams work together to deal with this global pandemic, and we know that we will emerge stronger in many regards in the long term.
We recognize this is a challenging time for all, and we remain deeply committed to the safety of our team members, customers, and communities. We will continue to monitor this situation and communicate our response, ensuring we continue to care for our team members and communities, while also serving our customers as best we can.
Stay safe and be well!